Tuesday, September 9, 2008

You Won't Get It



He doesn’t answer when I call, and when I do get him on the other line (usually through a friend’s phone) he doesn’t acknowledge my existence. This one time I called him on Kighle’s phone (our mutual friend). Jason answered with enthusiasm in his voice,
“Heyyyy buddy!”
But it was not Kighle, no it was me. And knowing Jason’s proneness of hanging up when I call, I did the only wonderful thing I could think of for him: I sang him a song.
It was “You Are My Sunshine,” and I would add in Jason’s name here and there.

“Please don’t take me Jason away.”
I ended the song to the sound of busy signals on the other end. That’s just how he is, I guess.
However, it seems that Jason always has the ability to know exactly where I am when he hangs up on me, for he showed up at the spot Kighle and I were at a few minutes later.
With a jaunty step in his walk, Jason gave me a big hug, and then called me a bitch.
He is my best friend.

No comments: